17th March 2021
Best Way To Clean Invisalign Aligners
Once you’ve got your new Invisalign aligners, the first question you’re likely to ask is how you can keep it looking beautifully clean and clear. After all, if it becomes dull, cloudy, or stained, it will be far easier to spot your smile, making the treatment less discreet.
Our expert dentists here in Stourbridge know all there is to know about Invisalign braces – our local Invisalign dentist, Dr. Francesca Dash, is a Diamond Top 50 Provider – so you can rest assured you’re in safe hands when it comes to treatment, aftercare, and everything in-between.
In this post, we’ll outline how to clean and care for your Invisalign braces, so you get the best treatment results possible.
Invisalign offers its own brand of cleaning crystals to help you care for your aligners. They come in packets, with each weighed out precisely, so all you’ll have to do is mix them with the right amount of water. Our patients love that the packets can also be popped into their bags or packed in a case, which makes them discreet and stops them from taking up too much room!
To clean your Invisalign braces, follow these simple steps:
- Rinse – just run the warm tap and swill your Invisalign underneath to rinse off any debris and food particles.
- Soak – fill a glass with water, pop your aligners in, and then add a sachet of the cleaning crystals. Leave them to do their work over a 15-minute period.
- Rinse again – wash away the solution under warm water, as before, and if you like, use a soft toothbrush to carefully remove any stuck bits of food.
It’s as easy as that!
Of course, when it comes to cleaning solutions, you don’t have to use Invisalign’s own brand of cleaning crystals. You could also use denture solution.
One word of warning, however – never, ever use the following to clean your aligners:
- Washing up liquid
- Hot water
As this could stain or damage them (and they may not taste nice, either!)
A few more Invisalign tips
Finally, we wanted to share a few top tips for wearing and caring for your Invisalign braces in general.
- Always remove to eat and clean your teeth, and always store when doing so
- Soak your aligners every couple of days
- Wear your Invisalign braces for 20-22 hours, as suggested by your dental expert
- Never eat, chew gum, or drink anything other than water when wearing your Invisalign
Talk to us
Need more tips and advice? Then get in touch with our Stourbridge dentists today. We can’t wait to hear from you, and help you achieve a straight, white smile you’ll love! Or if you are interested in beginning your Invisalign journey call our friendly team on 01384 376336 or book online.