23rd June 2017
Lion Dental Care – 5 Signs you need to see an orthodontist
The role of an orthodontist is to ensure your teeth are correctly aligned and stay that way. The reasons for wanting straight teeth are not only cosmetic, although perfectly straight teeth will provide you with a more attractive smile.
When teeth are crooked or overlapping, or your bite is ill-fitting in a particular direction, you could experience head and jaw pain and be at increased risk of tooth decay. Straighter teeth will allow you to chew more comfortably, speak more clearly (if you have a pronounced bite malalignment) and be easier to keep clean.
Here at our orthodontic clinic in Stourbridge, we are proud to have one of the UK’s premier Invisalign braces providers, Francesca Dash, on our team. If you think your teeth need straightening, or that your once-straight teeth are on the move, please give us a call to book a consultation.
We offer a number of different braces systems to treat a number of tooth-straightening issues and we’ll be happy to advise you on your options. Could you benefit from braces? Let’s have a look at some of the orthodontic warning signs.
- A crooked smile that causes you to be self-conscious can lead to low self esteem. Research has shown that how frequently we smile is directly linked to how happy we are. The researchers discovered that even by forcing people to smile by inserting a pen into the mouth to cause the corners of the mouth to stay upright, an increase in well-being was recorded. Are you aware of the fact you’re not smiling enough? Do you know that it’s because you feel embarrassed about your teeth? There’s a chance we can dramatically improve your smile in just 4 months. In 4 months you could have a new beautiful smile and consequently a promotion at work too, as studies have shown that frequent-smilers are more likely to be successful in their careers!
- Has your dentist told you that you’re suffering from tooth decay, or perhaps you’ve already had fillings? Tooth decay occurs when food deposits are left on the teeth. When these deposits are near the gumline, this can then cause gum disease, a condition, which when left untreated has been linked to heart disease and diabetes. Tooth decay can be prevented by a great brushing technique. However, your efforts to brush your teeth may be hampered, if they’re not perfectly straight. Let us help you straighten your teeth in a bid to keep your original teeth healthier and whiter for longer!
- Do you suffer from regular headaches, neck aches or jaw pain? Do you hear popping sounds when you move your jaw. These might be caused by malocclusion; a problem with your bite. Braces can fix this. You could be pain-free in a matter of months, with an enhanced smile too.
- Having gaps in your smile can also be fixed by braces. Don’t think that just because your teeth aren’t sticking out, or pointing in the wrong direction, you’re not a suitable candidate for having your smile enhanced through braces. Upon further examination of your teeth we will be able to advise you on how to reduce the gaps in your smile.
- If you’re having difficulty chewing your food, this could be another sign of malocclusion. Come and visit us here in Stourbridge and we’ll be able to give you a better idea.
Here at our Stourbridge practice, we provide leading brand braces that we know to be effective and efficient, not to mention discreet, such as Six Month Smiles and Invisalign. If you’d like to find out more about what a difference braces can make to your appearance, please give us a call.