So you’re looking at getting your teeth into better alignment, because you’ve heard that you’re more likely to get a promotion at work, or attract a partner with an enhanced smile? According to numerous surveys, both of these facts are true. However, are you sure that your current dentist is the most suitable person to provide you with braces that are fast, discreet and will help you achieve the smile goals you want?
Here at the Lion Dental Centre, we’ve put together a list of questions you should ask any Stourbridge orthodontist you approach with a view to ensuring you receive the best treatment. We know that our highly trained and experienced orthodontists tick all the right boxes, but in order to prove that to you, we would like to invite you to a consultation, during which you’ll be able to ask our team these questions.
1. Ask your orthodontist about the experience they have in fitting braces, as well as how qualified they are to do so. Do you really want to be the guinea pig specimen from whom your orthodontist can learn from his or her mistakes?
2. Which braces can your Stourbridge orthodontist offer? Some orthodontists only offer fixed braces options. It’s good to have a choice, because braces can be so much more discreet than you may have realised and consequently provide you with a much less embarrassing treatment. Here at the Lion Dental Centre, we offer the almost invisible Invisalign braces, Six Month Smiles, which can give you straighter teeth in as little as just 4 months, as well as fixed braces.
3. How much preparation is needed to get your teeth ready for braces? The answer to this question depends on the types of braces you’re having fitted, as well as the alignment problem you’re having corrected. You may need brackets bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth, or your orthodontist may need to make a mould of your teeth in order to create an aligner tray. In some cases, teeth may even need to be removed beforehand. We believe in providing a treatment plan that is bespoke and unique to the needs of the patient. We’ll discuss all your options with you when you visit us for your consultation.
4. How often will you need to see your dentist during the treatment period? If you’re having a type of fixed braces, the wires will needs to be tightened periodically to ensure your teeth keep moving. If you’re having Invisalign braces, then you’ll need to visit your Stourbridge orthodontist every time you need to have a new tray fitted. Again, each individual case is different.
5. How long will the treatment take? If your maligned teeth are all at the front of your mouth, you may be able to have your teeth straightened in a matter of weeks. If your alignment problems are more severe, it’ll take longer.
6. How much do braces cost? Each braces brand will have a different price. If you’d prefer discreet braces, but they seem out of your budget, please bear in mind that you could take out a dental plan to spread the cost of them over more weeks.
7. How will my smile look following treatment? When you visit us for your consultation, we’ll show you our smile gallery, which will give you an idea of how somebody with similar teeth to yours looked before and after straightening. If you opt for Invisalign, the whole journey of your teeth will be mapped out digitally before treatment even begins, so you’ll have an exact idea of how your teeth will look afterwards.
Please get in touch to book your consultation. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a beautiful new smile in 2018.